Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Fathers Day, Dad!

As I grew up, my parents played very different roles. My mom took on the role of the protector, building up my confidence and sheltering me from the bad things in the world. While my dad took on the role of making me stronger and preparing me for the world.





When it came time to learn how to swim, my mom was the one who gave me water wings and got me used to the water. While my dad was the one who tossed me into the lake and taught me to swim. When I started riding a bike, my mom was the person who put on the training wheels. My dad was the one who took them off. The ying and yang of protector. My mom gave me the confidence I needed to succeed, and my dad was the one who pushed me to succeed. If it wasn't for my dad being next to me holding my hand I never would have grown as much I did!

Some of my fondest moments of my childhood are with my dad. Him taking me hunting as a kid. All bundled up with my camp overalls and orange jacket. Him teaching me to shoot and buying me my first gun, alittle 4-10. Our annual end of the year fishing tournament, me getting first place for biggest bass. All of our camping trips and family vacations all over the United States. The endless conversations and laughter. There's so many memories that I could list and all of them are what make my dad a great dad!


I can honestly say my dad has made me stronger, and I wouldn't be who I am today with out the love and guidance my dad gave me growing up. I look back now that I'm older and I can see how foolish I was in my adolescent. All I can say is I'm so lucky to have my dad there to put up with me, and teach me right from wrong. I look up to my dad so much and am so blessed to have the relationship with him that I have today. 

I love you dad! Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment