Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Next Chapter

After stepping down from my job at the end of January. I've had a lot of time to reflect and grow. Don't get me wrong I really miss the day to day life of being a working women. But I can't even begin to tell you the transformation I feel God doing in me! Being obedient and stepping down from my job of 2 years was hard but I never knew the reward that would come from such a simple(and by simple i mean scary and nerve racking) act of obedience. It's given me a greater understanding of what it means to rely on God as my provider. An has given me a deeper desire and longing for him. 

 As of right now Iv'e decided to spend a season relaxing. Those of you who know me know that I don't relax we'll. Even with nothing to do I still feel like I have to do everything. It's been good though to "try" to slow myself down. Its given me a chance to unpack the boxes in the basement from our move 9 months ago into our beautiful new home. It's given me the opportunity to organize the whole house from top to bottom more then once and spring clean on a weekly bases. I don't think I have OCD I just have a lot of time on my hands. But in all reality Its given me plenty of time to spend in my quite time and catching up on reading, trying new recipes, baking, and creating new things that I find on Pinterest. focusing on my physical healing, and Preparing for my college courses. I love that this is a season of rest that God has given me before I jump in to the crazy hectic life of going back to college full time as a nursing student. 

Proverbs 3:5-6 
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.

1 comment:

  1. You MUST share the good books and delicious recipes with us on Facebook! & then we can all swoon over their awesome together.

    ReplyDelete