Saturday, April 13, 2013

Tea Parties

From a very early age I always loved throwing tea parties. I would gather up all my dolls and stuffed animals around my little table and serve them crumpets and tea as if we were royalty. Once I past the stage of make believe. I started collecting tea sets. An I had a beautiful collection of mini sets. Some had flowers or designs, some had animals, and some even had cartoons. But none compared to my grandmas antique tea pot. I loved that tea pot. I was so fascinated by the beauty, detail, and the pristine care it was in after so many years. This is the reason I wasn't allowed to touch it. So instead, I would just admire it from afar on the shelf it sat on.
Fast forward to today when I received a package in the mail from my mom. I was so excited. I love getting care packages from her. Normally there filled with some of my favorite things you can only get in Michigan. Like Bob Evans famous BBQ sauce, giant white tootsie rolls, some of my favorite tea or things that I can't afford like hair product and gadgets from hair shows that she goes to. But this package was extra special. I proceeded to open up this giant box filled with little white packing peanuts when to my surprise I found a second box. I tore through this one that was filled with even more little white packing peanuts. When I dug deeper I found a bamboo box. An inside was a glass flowering tea set. This was enough to excite me. I couldn't wait to open it and watch the tea diffuse from the the flower.

 When I looked back in the box I saw a big ball of bubble wrap. An hidden inside was my grandmas antique tea pot!! I couldn't hold in my excitement! Tears ran down my face. Through the years my tea sets have shattered, been sold or disappeared but let me just say this one will be cherished. Just like it has for many many years. I am so excited to display this tea pot for everyone to see. An I look forward to one day being able to pass it down to my future daughter.




No comments:

Post a Comment