Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Cousins are childhood playmates that turn into friends

My whole life my cousins and I have never lived very close. Miles have always separated us. Whether it was the 2 hour drive from McBain to Grand Rapids or the states that separate us now. But that has never stopped us from being close. No matter how long between visits we always seem to pick up exactly where we left off.

In the early years, we played in grandpas old workshop with all the old family tools smelling of moth balls, played dress up with grandmas old clothes and accessories. An now that were grown we look back at those memories and cherish the time that we had together. An the friendship that was created in the smallest of moments. The moments that make us look back and smile. 

Now that I Live so far from home I don't get to see my family as much as I'd like. But Today two of my cousins flew into Colorado and I got to spend a little bit of time with them. We caught up on our families, reminisced about past memories, shared things that we didn't know about each other, talked about the exciting new things happening in our lives, and really reconnected. 

Me, Bethany,and Brianna all squished into the picture! 

Beth and Bri on our way to lunch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment